A Help In Time Of Need



 DAILY VITAMIN 

- A Help In Time Of Need

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1)

The scriptures tell us that even in our deepest troubles, we have a reliable source of help always in the Lord (Psalm 23:4). And many times these troubles aren't a product of our mistakes, they are just there. Job said though they aren't inherent in all places, yet man is born into it (Job 5:6-7). But then he gives us a way out. 

In verse 8, he says "I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause". Isn't that what God assures us of? He said "Call in the day of trouble and I will show you great things and deliver you" (Psalm 34:17). He also said "Commit thy work (ways) unto the LORD and He shall establish thy thoughts (Proverbs 16:3).

And then Job tells us why we can rely on this. He says when we do this, God will

(1) set up on high those that are low, and exalt them to safety (v. 11).

(2) disappoint the devices of the wicked against us (v. 12).

(3) deliver us in all troubles and certify us as untouchable (v. 19).

(4) redeem us from the power of death (v. 20).

(5) cause us to laugh when things are presumably meant to be bad (v. 22).

(6) cause peace to become our daily experience (v. 24).

(7) empower us to live free of sin in fulfilling years unto Him (v. 24-26).

And then assures us that this is the only known way to come forth victorious in times of trouble. The great part is that all of these aren't promises any more, they have been fulfilled in Christ; and all we must do now is believe them, possess them and walk in them. So next time when you feel like you have nowhere else to go to find relief, remember that you have the Lord; and He doesn't reject us (John 6:37). The Bible says He will help us in our times of need. In fact, Jesus clearly said we should come to Him when we feel pressed by life's hardships and He will give us rest (Matthew 11:28).

Hence, never forget that you are not alone; you have God, and He is a very present help in times of need. 

Prayer:

Dear God, I thank you because as a Father you never leave me nor forsake me when I need you the most. You are always there to do even beyond the expected to turn my sadness and pain into joy and relief. I thank you because even today you will do it again. As my ever present help, I ask that you supply [MENTION YOUR PRESENT NEEDS] according to your riches through Christ my king. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

The Power Of I Am