Don't Give In To Fear

 


DAILY VITAMIN

- Don't Give In To Fear

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in you." (Psalm 56:3)

It's impossible to live life without fears. But we sure can learn to live above them. Believe me this world can be really scary. The thoughts of what might happen while you are here, or when you're not anymore; the thoughts of how your family feels right now or how they might feel if things don't work out; these things are enough to have think you've had enough. I've been there, and if I'm being honest I think I'm still there sometimes. The thing is I've been ill for sometime, but what's worse is that I don't know what the definite cause is. I like to think I'm only living on what many call borrowed time but what I like to call God's grace. The way I feel bodily makes me know it's true. And that alone makes me scared. Not just for myself but for my loved ones as well.

As a result, I spent most days largely depressed thinking about it. But here's another thing; thinking only makes it hurt the more. It provides better reasons to stay sad. And I was for a long time. Sometimes still am if I'm being honest. To sad to even be consistent with this blog. However, a few days ago I came across that scripture again: When I am afraid I'll trust in the Lord. Thinking won't always help, but trusting God will. For starters, only He can truly save you. And like Job said "Don't let your suffering embitter you toward the only one who can save you." (Job 36:18 TLB)

I began with my story because I know many of you are going through something similar or maybe even worse. Here's what I'm going to tell you: don't let your suffering make you scared. It might seem difficult, but rather than fear channel that energy into trusting God. It may not be easy but it's worth it, believe me. Have that confidence that God can save you, and because He can you won't give up until He gives up on you. And we both know that He won't give up on you regardless of what happens. 

David went on to say "In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do to me." (Psalm 56:4). In other words, it doesn't matter what you're going through, it doesn't matter the illness in your body, or the hardships you are presently battling, God has the capacity to save you. They're no match for Him. He is in the midst of that situation in might and will save you (see Zephaniah 3:17-20). That's why He tells us "...Fear not, for I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13).

Again, David shows us why we can trust God. He wrote "For you have delivered my soul from death: will not you deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" (v 13). Therefore, go back to the archives of your life and think of all the good things God have done for you. Think of all the times He has helped you. Times when you even thought it wouldn't be possible. And then use those experiences as a springboard into this new leap of faith. Trust Him as you did then. Rest in Him and watch Him bring His word to pass (Psalm 37:5). I know it's going to be hard but you have to. It's the only way you got. The only way out. It's what I'm going to do because it's what Habakkuk did and from what I know he didn't turn out so badly.

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds feet, and He will make me to walk upon my high places." (Habakkuk 3:17-19). 

And trust Him. He will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest