Don't Doubt Yourself; You Can

 


DAILY VITAMIN

- Don't Doubt Yourself; You Can

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

I know what you're thinking: 'I'm not cool enough, smart enough, tall enough... Why won't I doubt myself?' 

Well, I was a terrible writer. A horrible Bible teacher. But as of today, I've written some really great stuffs, and with God's help I've taught the Word to a bunch of people I could never have dreamed of teaching. So forgive me for being too optimistic as it concerns you.

But guess what? I'm not the only one who's optimistic you can do the unimaginable. Because God is too. He says "You can do all things..." Yes, you. Not the guy who's kind of taller or cooler; No. I don't know about that guy, all I know is that He says you can. You who's reading this right now. Don't wag your head, I said you. And you've got believe it. Because if you are ever going to be transformed from being 'Moses the shepherd' to 'Moses the deliverer', you better believe it.

In the book of Exodus, from chapter 2-6, Moses kept listing reasons why he couldn't achieve the task God had given to him, and each time God kept telling him that he could. In Chapter 7:1, He tells him why: "See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh." In other words, whatever it is that you think is too big for you to achieve, as long as God is the one who's saying you can, He's made you a god before it. 

Do you know that means? It means He's given you all the power needed to achieve it effectively. You just have to dig deep and believe in yourself that you can (Mark 9:23).

You are not as ordinary as you think. Recall that you are God's child. Yeah, the child of a God. That means you've got the God gene in you. And if God says nothing is impossible for Him (Matthew 19:26, Jeremiah 32:27)), then it also means you've got the potential to achieve as much as you put your mind to. 

So, listen to me: I don't know what you want to do with your life, all I know is that you can do it if you truly want it. God has given you the capacity to live without limits. The capacity to do what some can only dream of doing. You just have to be bold. Bold enough to believe that what you think is a disadvantage is an opportunity to see God's hand at work. Bold enough to convince yourself that you're better than the version of yourself that failed yesterday. That's why I'm going to tell you this: don't let yesterday's failures keep you from today's possibilities. This is life; people fail just much as they succeed. They lose just as much as they win. But if lose, then you lose, but you've got to play to stand a chance at winning. You've got to put yourself out there to have a shot at the reality God has declared yours. Esther understood this; so she said "If I perish, I perish..." (Esther 4:16). She put herself out there, believing, doing. Did she perish? No. Instead, she achieved all she set out to do. She saved an entire race, because she was bold enough to trust God and believe that she could do it.

In the same vein, you can. God believes you can. Ironically I also believe you can; if for nothing else, for the very reason that you got the God gene in you. The no-to-impossibility trait that God possesses. The same Jesus possessed, and now we who are His by grace through faith. 

So, again, I don't know what it is you're yearning to achieve before the end of the month, year or whenever, all I know is that you can do. Because through Christ you can do all things.

You may have been mocked for not being enough or having enough, but trust God and trust what He's already given you. You see, we are all like trees; no one can ever tell how great we really are until we come to full fruition. And we would never be able to do this if we keep judging ourselves by what others say about us. Think only of what God says about you. Of what you know you really are meant to be. Sprout from the shadows of self-doubt and show the world what they've all been waiting for. Remember, the whole world awaits your manifestation (Romans 8:19). 

But first, you've got to believe in your own heart that you can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest