A Change of Story Is Possible

 


DAILY VITAMIN

- A Change of Story Is Possible

"And at that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, says the Lord." (Zephaniah 3:20)

In Christ, we all get a clean slate. Not just in terms of our sins, but regarding our entire life. When the scripture said all things are new (2 Corinthians 5:17), it meant all things. A total transformation. As such, if you were an outcast, now you are chosen; special. And you have to believe it, because that's God's Word concerning you.

The theme scripture says God will do it. It might not look like such now, but believe Him He will. Didn't He do the same in the lives of David, Moses, Joseph, Jabez, Daniel, Gideon, the apostles? Taking men who were considered as not good enough and making them the pillars of a great cause. Then who is Oscar(replace with your name) that He cannot do it with? Who am I? Who are you? I don't care how long you've been in that miserable situation, God can change your story in a twinkling of an eye. Just like that. As difficult as it seems to believe, He can. 

Consider some of His reviews from past cases: "He raises the poor out of the dust and lifts up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory..." (1 Samuel 2:8). Those were the words of Hannah. A woman barren for many years, without hope of ever having a child of her own. She said those words; and from scripture we see that she had about eight children at the end in total. 

Do you still believe your case is an insurmountable one?     

If you still do, okay now consider the same words from David. "He raises up the poor out of the dust, and lifts the needy out of the dunghill; that He may set him with princes, even with the princes of His people." (Psalm 113:7-8). This is the same David whom even his father didn't think was fit enough to be the chosen king. The same David who was despised for being too small against mighty Goliath. Yet he defeated the giant and despite the challenges became king of all Israel. Your situation can't be way worse than that of David. Believe me, it can't. Study the story of David; it can't. 

However, if God could change his story, He can and will change yours. Only believe.

I know what you might be thinking: 'I'm not good enough; my past was too dark to ever be completely changed now'. Well, guess what God says? "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." (Isaiah 1:18). That He did in Christ. And now assures us that if we are willing to live in the light of this gift and obediently follow His lead, we will become the best of all things (v. 19). 

Then there might also be those who are thinking right now, 'I know I'm forgiven, but it's just too good to be true that I a nobody could ever be anything else in this world'. Well, to these bunch, God says "Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:19). And nothing could be more impossible than rivers in the desert? So, if He is willing to do that just to prove a point, believe me He's willing to change your story. 

I don't care how bad your circumstance seems. I don't care how too close to the bottom you are. Your story will change for good. Instead of shame and dishonour, you shall have a double portion of prosperity and everlasting joy (Isaiah 61:7 TLB). I do believe this, and I hope you do too.                                                                                                           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest