God Answers Prayers

 


DAILY VITAMIN

- God Answers Prayers

"Call to Me, and I will answer you..." (Jeremiah 33:3)

It's October 20, 2011, the day the University of Benin's list of admitted students came out. Unsurprising, I made it. I was going to be studying Biochemistry come November. But then trouble arose. We were broke; so it was almost impossible to get the tuition. Unlike in the U.S, there is no access to student loans or any form of financial aid here in the country, except you want to test the waters with the banks, in which most times than not you get drowned eventually. So there I was, with an offer to get into college in a month and no money. My parents didn't have enough, and neither did I, nor my sister who had been really supportive financially all the while. Of course I had a job, working in a local church as a personal assistant to the head pastor, for free. So all I could was pray; some days cry, but inarguably hope that something would come up. 

A month went by; school resumed, I didn't. And I remember that each time I prayed, all I'd hear in my spirit were the words 'Let your faith work for you'. Of course I didn't understand what that meant. I was losing an opportunity of a lifetime; still a part of me knew I could count on God. hence, even on days I didn't feel like it, I prayed and believed. Then December came, and like a miracle the universities went on strike. That could buy me some time, I thought. Yet how was I going to get the money? Quit my job for something else that at least assured me of a paycheck? God wanted me to be there, so I couldn't, I decided. January flew fast, ushering in February. In all this time, I still kept praying and believing because the voice within wouldn't be quieted. "Let your faith work for you," it kept saying. At exactly 10 a.m, the 10th of February 2012, the news came that the strike had been called off and all students were to return to classes. At the same point, my depression began to sink in again. I was drowning, yet again I knew I had to stay believing, knowing that God will do something--would make it work if I kept my faith. Long story short, four days later, my dad calls me at work and said "You're leaving tomorrow." A day after Valentine, I was at college, beginning my registrations. And all of that led to this and many more great testimonies.

What I want you to see through that story is that God still answer prayers. Yours might not be about college, it might be about your job, still I'm telling He answers prayers. Call on Him when the troubles are mounting up, and He'll be there to help you surmount them.

Consider what He did with Jabez. Jabez called for help, to have his territoy enlarged and the scripture says God granted his request (1 Chronicles 4:10).

Note that Jabez was pretty comfortable; for God's sake he already had a territory; all he was asking for was an increase, and God did that for him. So you see, God isn't against giving you more. There is no cap on what you can receive in prayer as far as it is in accordance to His will. Thus, go ahead; ask Him for anything you might be in need of direly. Your health being restored, your daughter's, your spouse's. Or if your current job isn't good enough, don't be scared to ask Him for a better one. Listen to me, God wants to be prayed to. He sees Himself as your Father and is willing to help you find your feet again. Jesus affirmed this. First He said if we ask anything in His name He will do it (John 14:14). Why? Because we keep His ways (1 John 3:22). And you can trust Him. Again why? If you would do the same for your own kids, don't you think God would do likewise for His? (Luke 11:13).

Know this, if nothing else, God answers prayers; and He's waiting for yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest