The Kind Of Servant The Lord Seeks



 DAILY VITAMIN

- The Kind Of Servant The Lord Seeks

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him..." (Job 13:15)

The Bible tells us that in a house there are vessels of gold and those of wood; some unto honour and others unto dishonour. However, there are those in God's house with the greatest honour, and these are those who are committed to Him at all times. Those who are faithfully devoted to Him. God desires a people who would seek Him not for the miracles He gives, but for the person He is. Those who are after His heart and not merely His hands. 

This is important because only these will stick to the Lord in the hardest of times. There is something about knowing God; it is where trust and faith are built. That's why Job could say what he said. It doesn't matter if everything is against me, he said, even God, I will yet trust and serve Him. He could say that because he knew God. It's also why Abraham and Sarah knew God would keep to His Word even when He hadn't. And this is why knowledge of His person is the first thing God seeks to impart His people with.

2 Peter 1:3 tells us virtue that makes life blissful arise when we know Him. It is what makes us stand firm as Mount Zion in times of trouble. It is what makes us strong in dark times as Daniel puts it (Daniel 11:32), and because of this they will do exploits too through God at such times. These are the people He seeks. People that nothing can shake them off God's path; those whom nothing can quell their love for Him; those who stay committed regardless of happenings. 

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:37-38)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

The Power Of I Am