Accessing God's Favour (1)



 DAILY VITAMIN

- Accessing God's Favour (1)

"And the LORD had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they granted them what they requested. Thus they plundered the Egyptians." (Exodus 12:36 NKJV)

Our theme scripture tells us that Israel had so much favour with Egypt that they went out of captivity a hundred times richer than they were when they had first settle there. How did this happen? Favour. Remember when a man's ways pleases God, even his enemies will be good to him. That's what God's favour does; and it was what Israel experienced.

The good news is that God designed us to live that way every day. He calls us signs and wonders (Isaiah 8:18), meaning "Jehovah will save His people," he said. We are meant to access this favour every second of the year. And how do we do that? To find out, we'd have to learn from those who did.

First, David. The Bible records David's words in Psalm 40. "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock  and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him." (v.1-3 NIV). And then he tells us how it happened. "Many blessings are given to those who trust the Lord and have no confidence in those who are proud or who trust in idols." (v. 4 TLB).

Trust in God was how he accessed His favour. Psalm 27:13 says "I am expecting the Lord to rescue me again, so that once again I will see his goodness to me here in the land of the living." (TLB).

Second, Joseph. Potiphar noticed that the LORD was with Joseph in a very special way (Genesis 39:3). Verse 21 explains better. "But the Lord was with Joseph there, too, and was kind to him by granting him favor with the chief jailer." (TLB). And it says as a result everything he did ran smoothly and prospered (v. 23). This was possible because in spite all he passed through, he never stopped believing in the promise of God.

If you'd do the same, I assure you that you will walk constantly in God's favour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest