God Gives Up On No One


 

DAILY VITAMIN

- God Gives Up On No One

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

Yeah, that's right! God hasn't given up on you, or on that relative of yours that strayed away. In fact, the scripture says He's always around such to rescue them again. It doesn't matter what their past may have been, God's forgiveness is endless. What He focuses on is today--your decision today; and that is clearly emphasized.

The scripture says "Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts" (Hebrews 3:15). So today-the present-is what is essential to God. You may have been a prostitute yesterday, or a drug dealer, a thief, or an assassin, if you will decide to turn to Jesus today, you will become as new as newborn child to God. He says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17); and you can trust Him to keep His Word. He says, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6:37). 

And how do we do that? How do we come to Him? By repenting of our sins today, and giving our lives to Christ and receiving His.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says "If the people will humble themselves and pray, and search for me, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land." That means a brand new start with God; and it can begin today. All you have to do is wholeheartedly say this prayer:

Dear Father, I acknowledge that I have been a sinner. I know that, but I also have learned to know that you will save as many as call upon and come to you. Lord, today I call upon you to save me. I receive the free gift of your righteousness this day by accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, and vow to serve and love Him with all of my mind and my heart and my strength. Thank you Lord because now I'm a new creation, I'm born again, I'm redeemed all to the glory of your Name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest