Look And Live


 

DAILY VITAMIN

- Look And Live

"For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live" (Amos 5:4)

The hymn writer said "I have a message from the Lord...a message unto you I bring." And in that little message of his, he tells us that if we look to Jesus, we'd live; with an illustrative imagery as that which happened in the wilderness where the serpent-bitten Jews beheld the Nehushtan.

In the same way, even today, if we'd look unto Him, He'd cause us to live. You see, God has never been as merciful as He is today, because His lovingkindness and faithfulness toward us are newer with each morning (Lamentation 3:37). So, no matter what your troubles are, look to Him and He'd cause you to live.

2021 was a challenging year for me. The devil came hard; he tried to take my life twice, but on both occasions God proved the stronger. I had a terrible episode of pneumonia; so bad that I could almost feel what it felt like to die. Immediately after that bout, a skin infection came on me; an infection whose treatment caused me to faint, hitting my head hard on the toilet seat. But again, God saved me.

I have heard of people who died of pneumonia, but I didn't even though it felt like it was over. I have seen people die from such a ghastly fall, but I didn't In fact, I was at work the same day. All I know is that God is good, and He was good to me. As now as at then, I looked to Him and He caused me to live. And I'm here to tell you what that ancient composer said, look to the Lord and He will cause you to live. It doesn't matter if you're at a death bed, or a loved one is there; It doesn't matter if you are out of a job, or out of resources; just look unto Him. Lay your faith at His feet and He will lift you high above that situation. I believe it because I have experienced it; believe it and you will too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest