What Do You Want To Do With Your Life?


 

DAILY VITAMIN

What Do You Want To Do With Your Life?

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven" (Eccl 3:1 BSB)

Everything God created has a purpose. The lightning has a purpose, the trees have a purpose, and even the mosquito. Yeah, the mosquito; even though some days I still struggle to figure out what a little dreary creature that sucks upon our skins just because it has the capacity to can really be useful for. But everything God made has a purpose. He doesn't waste resources. So, I have a purpose and so do you.

Thus, in today's devotion I'd be sharing a bit of all God has laid in my heart as a life that should be mine to own.

For as long as I can remember, the only dream I have had has been to make an impact in people's lives. To make a significant difference that can help them improve their lives constantly. And doing it is the only way I have found to enjoy true peace and sanity. So I live every day with a conscious effort to be kind enough to help those around me find as much happiness as they will let themselves see. In fact, I think that's the very reason I have kept on doing this and all I do despite the many discouragements.

The older I grew, the more I realized that your purpose in life is that dream that never blacks out even after you're awake. As a new creation, it is my primary responsibility to share the light of the Word of God. But that's not actually my only purpose for being created; it is simply the entire essence of the purpose I have been given to serve my generation. And there's this one dream that has never left me since adolescence--helping people.

I love teaching God's Word. It comes easily to me with the help of the Holy Spirit; and I can also say that I write good as well, but beyond the gift of teaching and exhortation and all, I believe God first of all gave me the ministry of helps. I try to do as much as I can now no matter how little it seems in my eyes, but my main goal-God willing-is to build a foundation. It's fresh in my heart like the light of day as the first day it was birthed in my spirit. It is going to be called The Patty-Abbey Foundation; named after two women who changed and are yet changing my life in many selfless ways. And with as much funds as I can raise from my books and otherwise, I plan to use the platform to contribute as much of a helping hand to those too sick to enjoy life by ensuring they get as much treatment to recover as soon as possible; to those who can't afford an education; to missionaries trying to propel the gospel to remote places; to those too poor to afford a meal or a home; to travel with the truth of God's Word to touch and build lives for the Lord's use, and so much more.

But even if that's just all I can do, I know I would have quieted the cry of a loud dream to a reasonable extent, and eventually would have lived full that I'd be dying empty. This is what I want to do with my life. This is my dream; my purpose. And it brings me to the most important question at this moment: What do you plan to do with that one precious life of yours? What do you see as God's purpose for your life? What meaning to life is yours here to define? In my opinion, that's what you should be doing NOW. Write them down, and pursue them. 

So, do; do what God sent you here to do, and I'll do that too. And may God help us both.                   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest