Don't Cry, Trust Instead

 


DAILY VITAMIN 

- Don't Cry, Trust Instead

"Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them." (Psalm 22:4)

God has never failed, and His flawless record reassures me every day that He never will. That's why I can confidently tell you that regardless of what you are going through, it would be more profitable for you if you'd trust God rather than spend all day in tears. David said he waited patiently for the Lord, and He heard his cry (Psalm 40:1); but we can tell that it wasn't the crying that got His attention, it was the trusting- the waiting patiently upon Him in faith. 

Some years back when I was at my lowest, God taught me this. I had just received some disappointing news even though I believed I had done more than was expected to evade it. At the moment, I was ready to give up on everything, downing myself in tears and self-pity, and right there on my bed God spoke to me. He said "When you have a problem that makes you cry as this, get quiet and listen to see whether you can hear me crying with you". Then He said "If you can't hear me crying with you, then you don't have a problem. Just trust me, okay?"

And at that moment I knew that all was well.  I was assured that I didn't have a problem, because I didn't have one that God couldn't solve. For if God is still on the throne, can anything be too difficult for Him to do? If God is still on the throne, can I be helpless when He is my ever present help in times of need? Your guess is as good as mine. And since He's still on the throne, it means there's no problem that should keep you dejected, because God can and will rescue you. He will turn that which was meant for your disgrace into an avenue to your celebrations. 

Hence, I'm telling you what He told me; trust Him. I turned out alright, you will turn out better. It may be hard; perhaps you lost your job, or your loved one, but do trust Him. He is our best consolation; and knows how best to help us. The patriarchs did the same and saw His deliverance; it won't be any different with us. 

Consider what Habakkuk did in his day, "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive tree falls, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me walk upon mine high places.. " (Hab 3:17-19). Do the same now  and trust Him, for "the LORD shall help them, and deliver them.... and save them, because they trust in him" (Psalm 37:40).

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, my trust is in you. And you said that they that trust in you shall not be put to shame. This is how I know that I will be delivered from the harsh circumstances I have found myself. This is how I know that you will save me. Because I trust in you, God I know you will help me. And indeed I am helped in Jesus Name. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest