Why Should It Be Thought Incredible?

 


DAILY VITAMIN 

- Why Should It Be Thought Incredible? 

"Why is it thought incredible by any of you that God raises the dead?" (Acts 26:8 AMP) 

When Paul spoke those words to Agrippa, he was actually assenting to Christ's words in Matthew 19:26. Jesus said that many things are impossible with men, but all things are possible with God. He left no room for doubt, and placed no limits to what God can do. In short, God has no limitations. 

This same Paul wrote to the church that He is "able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20). Agrippa couldn't quite comprehend the certainty of this truth, but it doesn't take anything from it. God can do anything. 

In our theme scripture, Paul asserts that even the greatest of miracles - a resurrection - is nothing but child's play to God; because He is unlimited in power and grace to do all things. With this in mind, tell me then you who have been bedridden for years, why does it baffle you when you're told God can heal you? You with a broken home, why does it sound too good to be true when you're told God can restore your family? You without a job, why does it sound like a sham when you're told God can help you? And you with a terrible past, why do you doubt when you're told God loves you? 

The Bible says that heaven and earth are His (Psalm 24:1); it says all gold and silver are His (Haggai 2:8), as well as the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10). God is never in lack, and He has the power to take anyone out of it too (Psalm 113:7-9). Now if this is our truth, why does it still seems strange to you that God can and will help you? He said "Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: Is there anything too hard for me to do?" (Jer 32:27); and then answered "...Nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37). Only believe, and indeed nothing shall be for you (Mark 9:23).

Prayer:

Father,  I thank you because nothing is too difficult for you to do. I also thank you because I know that my situation is nothing as compared to the marvelous things you have done. These and more are the reasons why I'm sure that you will help me and deliver me from all my predicaments. I do believe you will, and I refuse to doubt that you can. And so shall it be, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest