The Power Of Favour

 


DAILY VITAMIN 

- The Power Of Favour

"I have loved you, says the Lord. Yet you say, How and in what way have You loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? says the Lord; yet I loved Jacob (Israel)" (Malachi 1:2 AMP) 

The scripture tells us that from the beginning God loved Jacob. And even though Jacob made a lot of mistakes, God's favour found him and set him up again. He kept rising beyond the expectation of his antecedents. But who can judge? That's what favour does. 

Another man who can relate to this is David. The Bible says he found favour in God's sight, and even though he didn't have the qualification for honour, God qualified and honoured him in the highest possible ways. 

In confession of this, he said "LORD,  by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled" (Psalm 30:7). The favour of God took him to the top and kept him there even when he wasn't the most talented or the toughest, and he recognized that. He also acknowledged that without it, trouble surmounted him. 

Then we also have Jesus, of whom the scriptures say "increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man" (Luke 2:52). As He kept growing, He kept glowing. He stayed in transit from glory to glory because of God's grace and favour upon Him (Luke 2:40). Nehemiah described that as "the gracious hand of God upon me" (Nehemiah 2:8).

And now to you, God said He will bless you from Zion (which He has in Christ)  and cause His face [and favour] to shine upon you (which is yours also in Christ) (Numbers 6:24-26, Psalm 128:4-6). Hallelujah! 

You see,  people say favour adds flavour to your life, but God's favour doesn't just add flavour or colour, it transforms your life for the best. Consider this: "In Jerusalem he made machines invented by skillful men to be on the towers and the [corner] bulwarks, with which to shoot arrows and great stones. And his fame spread far, for he was marvelously helped till he was strong." (2 Chro 26:15 AMP). That's what favour can do for you. 

Prayer:

God, thank you for your gracious hand that is upon me. I know I have an advantage. I know I have the edge at all times.  Others may not see it. They may try to suppress me. But it's fine. I know the truth. I have favour in my corner. I'm well able to fulfill my destiny because I am favoured. Thank you Father through Jesus I pray. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest