It Is Because Of Christ In You



DAILY VITAMIN 

- It Is Because Of Christ In You

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27)

David opened one of his Psalms saying that it is not unto us, but unto thy name O Lord (115:1), and I concur. It is not in us to please God, it is only in Him to help us please Him. Scripture says it is not by might nor by power to do anything at all, but by His Spirit.... by His grace (Zechariah 4:6-7). And that's the secret of Christ in you. That's the mystery - Christ working in and through you to do of His goodwill. 

Romans 1:5 tells us that it's all about the Son of God "by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name". So, it is He who helps us walk as is expected of us; and thus the more we release and submit ourselves to Him, the more we walk as He pleases. Philippians 2:13 says it is He "..which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure".

Note, not in you, but He which works in you. This is why we have to be Christ-in-me conscious at all times. The things people say you can't do may be true based on who you are humanly, but it is not based on who Christ in you is. Christ in you is your hope of glory; it means you can do anything and everything God desires of you in Him. You just have to learn to walk in that consciousness every day. 

The consciousness that it is not about you, but Christ in you. Don't think you can do it all, because you can't do anything outside of Him (John 15:5). Everything you can do and more, you can do only through the grace of Christ in you.  "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Confession:

Father, I thank you for your grace abundantly showered on me. Thank you because it's expressively evident in all that I do. That is why I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and why in spite of all my challenges I am still more than a conqueror. Now,  I no longer struggle to do God's will nor to live in line with His purpose for my life. His grace makes it possible. Hallelujah! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest