Power Over Plagues

 


DAILY VITAMIN 

- Power Over Plagues

"There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent." (Psalm 91:10 AMP) 

The Revelations spoke of a God 'who has power over these plagues' (Rev 16:9). It doesn't matter the kind; and that God is our God. Our theme scripture says because of Him "shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling". And we can trust those words, because he who wrote them had a first hand experience of its authenticity. 

First, we see Moses in the book of Exodus reverse every plague that befell Egypt in the name of the Lord; proving to us the sovereignty of God and His supremacy over all things. 

But second, and more importantly, we see how he declared the habitation of the people of God-Goshen-a plague free zone, and it was so. Plagues surrounded Egypt, but none neared Goshen, because the Lord has power over all plagues, and those who abide in His presence are safe from them. 

Little wonder why he spoke of how we shall be delivered from all pestilences, and shall not be afraid of terrors all day nor night (Psalm 91:1-7). He said we might see it consuming those around us, but it won't come near us (v. 8-10). However, it doesn't end there; he shows us how to stay in this grace continually. He said "If thou will diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord.... and will do that which is right in his sight... and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee... for I am the Lord that heals thee" (Exodus 15:26).

Thus, compliance to God's Word is the key to stay plague free. Remember that Jesus has declared you plague free through His sacrifice; and now no weapon fashioned against us can ever succeed, for it is now our heritage in Christ to be above all powers of evil; and when we live in His Word, we relive that reality over and over again. Hallelujah! 

Confession:

THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid. When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, [even then] in this will I be confident. For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock. And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me; in His tent I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest