You Shall Rise Again

 


DAILY VITAMIN

- You Shall Rise Again

"As for me,  I look to the Lord for his help;  I wait for God to save me; he will hear me.  Do not rejoice against me,  O my enemy,  for though I fall,  I will rise again!  When I sit in darkness,  the Lord himself will be my Light. " (Micah 7:7-8 TLB) 

Try to imagine the reaction of the people if someone had gone to the lepers the day before they met Jesus and told them that their lives would be much more better sooner than they expected.  Some would have assumed it was a pre-eulogic statement because it seemed like it could never be possible in their lifetime. While others will call it the greatest motivational but untrue speech of all time. 

Now consider the reaction of the same people if those exact words were repeated to Bartimaeus before he encountered Jesus.  I'm sure they would have said the same.  For God's sake they even tried to stop him from reaching out in Christ's presence because they assumed such expectation would be a hell of a joke. 

Next,  let's imagine if it was also said to the blind man at the Beautiful Gate before he came across the apostles; my guess is as good as yours-that we would get the same reaction. And lastly, imagine it was told to the widow at Zarephath who experienced an unprecedented miracle on that fateful day. People would have said we were giving her false hope and should just accept the fact. 

But if I may,  what fact?  These four persons were seemingly hopeless and trapped in their own circumstance until God showed up; and their stories turned for the better.  So,  what fact if not the fact that it is God who causes one to fall and another to rise (1 Sam 2:7-8)? What fact if not the fact that God can turn our tears into triumphs in this lifetime? And He has promised to do so.  The scripture says He will settle and establish us,  and not leave us in suffering forever (1 Peter 5:8). And our theme verse assures us that we can count on God. Don't let what the devil might be saying get to you; when God shows up,  he has to get out.  And He will show up,  causing you to blossom again; for He says you shall rise again!

Confession:

The Lord has promised that I shall be above and never beneath; and so even when I fall,  I rise again higher. The conditions may have swayed me to the bottom,  but my God is greater than conditions; and He says that though it appears I am at my lowest, but  in time by His help I shall be at my highest,  to the glory of the LORD.  Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest