Do Not Fear

 


DAILY VITAMIN

- Do Not Fear

"...you need not be afraid of disaster or the plots of the wicked men, for the Lord is with you; he protects you." (Proverbs 3:24-26 TLB) 

I have shared this story many times - in my books and every time I get to speak to a group about trusting God. When I was a freshman in the University, I couldn't register for the General Studies Courses (English and Philosophy) apparently due to insufficient funds. Anyway, a couple of days to the exams, a man lent me the money I needed-since I had part already; but the next morning a dorm mate came over to our room, pleading to my brother and I for some money with a promise to pay back in a few days after he had resolved an emergency at home; and so we gave him my money, hoping we would get it back before the day of the exams. 

But that mate of ours never paid back, at least not until the exams were done with,  and so I didn't get to write those papers. The next day at the Campus fellowship I felt really sad, and questioned God in my mind while others were worshipping. And as much as that was a real low for me,  right there He spoke to me. He told me to turn open my Bible, and it fell on our theme scripture. And then He said "Read". As I finished reading, I felt alive again. It was like everything had become new, simply by knowing and accepting His truth concerning all that was happening to me rather than what my fears portrayed. Anyway, it turned out that I had better fortunes with the way things had turned out - like really. 

In the same way, I don't know what you might be going through, but don't be afraid; it will all turn out for your good as it did for me, because God is the ever faithful, and never fails His own. Look at what He said, "...the LORD shall be thy confidence" (v. 26). He was for me, and it changed my life forever - turning my supposed disadvantage into a blessing; and He would do the same for you. 

Hence, I'm asking you not to even fear for a second; I did but now I know better. It might seem scary, but find solace in God's unfailing grace and faithfulness. So,  instead of being given to fright, rather rejoice in the Lord, for even this shall pass, and it shall inadvertently lead to your higher place (Habakkuk 3:17-19).

Confession:

The Lord is my strength, whom shall I fear? The Lord is my fortress, of whom shall I be afraid? He leads me through still waters. Even in the valley of troubles, I walk without fear because the Lord is with me. And I know that no circumstance is bigger than God; and that with Him by my side,  I have overcome. Yes,  I have overcome. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest