God Will Forgive You



DAILY VITAMIN

- God Will Forgive You

“And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.” (Luke 17:4)

Matthew 18:22 admonishes us to forgive one another as much as seventy times seven a day. That’s enough forgiveness for one day, right? But it’s proof that God doesn’t withhold His desire for forgiveness. In Ephesians 4:32, He tells us again to forgive one another with tenderheartedness even as He forgave us in Christ Jesus. And when we do this, we show we are His.

However, that’s not what I’m trying to show you here. First of all, whatever God tells us to emulate is something He does Himself. So, when He tells us to forgive without count, He is also saying He will forgive us without count. You see, when we sin against the Lord, He makes forgiveness available; all we have to do is return, and He promises to never cast us away (John 6:38).

The only sin that can separate us from Him is blasphemy which results in apostasy, because that is willful. But when we grieve Him, He doesn’t depart from us. He might withdraw Himself a bit, but His presence will still very much be with us. Remember, it is said He will be with us forever (John 14:16).

Anyway, the Spirit-filled and Christ-driven believer will never blaspheme the Spirit of the Lord; no wonder the writer of Hebrews says we are not of them who draw back (Hebrews 10:39). But since he or she might grieve Him, we are told not to (1 Thessalonians 5:19). And we can grieve Him by our many ill actions. But even at this, He says He will forgive us if we repent of our wrongs. 1 John 1:9 says “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.”

So, there you have it! Nothing you could have done is greater than His forgiveness. And so He will forgive you, cleanse you and sanctify you so that you can walk in freedom of that wrong to the glory of God.

Prayer:

Father, I thank you because you have never left me without hope. You have always been there for me; and even when I fall short you are there to pick me back up. When I was lost in sin, you found me and forgave me of all my sins. And though I still fall short sometimes, you still make forgiveness available to me. So thank you God; thank you for everything you have done, and for what you will yet do, in Jesus Name. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest