God Gives The Responsibility And The Resources



DAILY VITAMIN

- God Gives The Responsibility And The Resources

“According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” (2 Peter 1:3)

                God always provides for anything He assigns us to do. He will never send you on a journey without a means to sustain you. The scripture says He daily loads us with benefits for each day’s work (Psalm 68:19). We might not understand how they will come, but they always do.

Our theme scripture tells us that God gives us everything we need for living a truly good life- even sharing His own goodness and glory with us. And this good life is ingrained in our purpose; and He has given us the resources to fulfill it. For instance, consider the Jews who were in captivity.

The king of Persia had received word from God to send men of Judah back home to rebuild the temple. And so in compliance, he sent them back with that responsibility to rebuild; but more than that provided them with all they would need. Ezra 1:7 says that “King Cyrus himself donated the gold bowls and other valuable items…” (TLB), and he also tasked every other official to give towards the work. So, when the people were going, they left in abundance.

Years after when ArtaXerxes was king, he also sent Nehemiah with the license to get whatever he needed to rebuild the wall and city of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 1:7-8). In both cases, God who gave the responsibility provided the resources. It didn’t matter what channel was present, He as the source made it available. And He will do the same for you too.

Moses was worried about this as well as many of us are- that is, how he could lead a billion people through a wilderness without relief materials. But God who sent him on that journey made available the needed palliative materials every day. All I’m trying to say is that you don’t have to be scared about whether or not you will have what you need to do all He needs you to, because you will. David confessed “The LORD is my Shepherd: I have everything I need” (Psalm 23:1); and so will you. Simply trust in Him; and obey Him. Follow His instructions about the matter, and let Him worry about the providence. But since He doesn’t worry, you can be sure of one thing: God will never leave you with a responsibility without the resources needed.

Prayer:

The Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. The Lord is my helper, what can come as a disadvantage to me? Wherever He sends me, He also provides the means to keep me well there; for it is He who satisfies my soul. And so Lord, I thank you, because for every responsibility you have given me, you have also given me the resources to fulfill them all. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest