Practice Faith


DAILY VITAMIN

- Practice Faith

“And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.” (Mark 11:22)

Matthew 9:2 says “And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee”. But if you’d notice what Matthew did, you’ll realize that he did not spend much time on the detail of how the sick man came to Jesus. He didn’t write about how they broke through the roof as revealed in the other Gospels; yet he tells us something that they all seemed to agree upon- which was that Jesus saw their faith.

This is because he understood that breaking the roof to get to Jesus wasn’t their act of faith, but the fact that they believed Him enough to come to Him. He was that brief because faith can be that brief. Jesus said “Come unto me, all ye that …are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28); and faith is practiced every time you respond in the affirmative to that.

For instance, having heard and seen how Jesus healed many, on a certain day Jairus ran to Jesus to help save his daughter. My question to you is this, and it should be yours to me too: Why did Jairus run to Jesus? Why? If you were told you had to pay your child’s tuition on or before Wednesday, would you run to the asylum for help? No, you run to the bank, or to some other financier you may know to get the amount you need. In short, you run to where you know and believe help can be found. And that was what Jairus did when he ran to Jesus- he believed. He practiced faith. He said “My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay your hand upon her, and she shall live” (Matthew 9:18).

The hemorrhagic woman did the same. She said “If I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole” (v. 21). And Jesus commended her and honoured her faith, saying her faith had restored her. Hence, today I want you also to practice faith. Don’t wear yourself out thinking about the problem; take it to Jesus believing Him to help you. You are depressed because your focus is wrong. You are too focused on the problem instead of the Saviour. So, stay focused on Him with all your heart without doubting for even a moment. You see, these persons didn’t use as much time worrying as they did believing; and the Bible affirms that if you believe, going to Him, you will receive (Mark 11:23-24).

Confession:

I believe the Word of God is the only truth that governs my life. And so if it says God will take care of me, then with all my heart I believe it. And as I believe it, I receive the manifestation of its reality. Yes! I believe and receive my healing, my total deliverance, my prosperity, and my honour in Jesus Name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest