The Mighty God In The Midst Of Trouble



DAILY VITAMIN
- The Mighty God In The Midst Of Trouble
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4)
     The valley of death has always been perceived to be a place of anarchy and torment; a place of brimstone and decay. Ancient mythologies support this claim. However, David said that even if he found himself there, he'd still return unscathed. He said that even in its midst, no one and nothing will be able to harm him because God is with him.
     In the book of Isaiah, God reveals what David must have known that made him speak that way. He said "When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up- the flames will not consume you" (Isaiah 43:2 TLB). It might have sounded like a joke to the Jewish folks, and it did, at least not until the three Hebrew fellows proved it true.
    They were coerced to choose between their allegiance to God and their allegiance to Babylonian entitlements, and they chose God. As a consequence of their defiance, the king ordered them thrown into the furnace - so hot that it killed their captors as well who were some distance away. Yet it couldn't hurt them. God opened the king's eyes and he saw why that was: the Son was with them. The presence of God kept them immune to the fire.
    Surprised? Don't you know your God is fire-proofed? He's got to be because He is the consuming fire Himself. He makes other fires look like child's play. And He's with and in you. It doesn't matter what you may have encountered, you can trust in Him. He is an ever reliable help in the midst of trouble. Note, He never told us trouble won't come our way, but He assured us He would keep us safe when they do (see Psalm 91:7). He said they won't even touch you; and so you can be sure they won't harm you either (see Daniel 3:27) because you believe Him (see Daniel 6:23). Glory to God!

Confession:
The Lord is my refuge, my strength in times of trouble. He is my safe tower, in whom I run to and I'm secured. He is my confidence; and for that I know that nothing can trouble me, for I bear on my body His very mark of protection. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest