Look Up!



DAILY VITAMIN
- Look Up!
"I WILL lift up my eyes to the hills [around Jerusalem, to sacred Mount Zion and Mount Moriah]--From whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2 AMP)
     As I was doing some chores on a certain day, I needed -and a result kept looking for- an equipment all around the place. I searched for some minutes until I finally found that it was simply hanging above. And right there, God spoke to me, saying "Just like that, many are looking for what they need in life all over the place when what they need is just above them". That day I learned a big lesson.
     I had been exasperated the whole while, but those words brought me back to myself - at least the me the Word tells me that I am. In the same way, I want you to know that when you get frustrated by the many hardships of life, the greatest help you can ever need isn't merely around you, it's above you. You have to learn to look up.
     That was what David did. Our theme verse says that in his day of trouble, he looked up, but not to the hills and the mountains - for as the scripture says they can't save you (Jeremiah 3:23), but to the LORD. David had learned that when the North, South, East and West affords you no help, God is always a very present help in times of need (Psalm 46:1; 75:6-7). "Very present" here means beyond reliable and definitely timeless in efficacy.
     This is God's resume, and you can trust it. Jesus came and taught us better; He said "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and every other thing will be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33). In short, God is the first place you should turn to, and the first person you should cling to in all encounters of life. He always suffices.
     So, even though you're passing through a hard time now, never forget that you are not alone. It might seem like you're trapped between a rock and a hard place, but God is right there to help you (Psalm 139:7-10). When it feels like there's no help around you, look up; for He will always help as many as trust and come unto Him (Psalm 28:7).

Confession:
In the Lord only do I put my trust; for He's my refuge and my strong tower in whom I run into and I'm safe. My happiness, hope, wealth and glory doesn't come from the things around me; it comes from God. He is the source of it all. That's why I celebrate, because He's always watching over me, to show Himself strong on my behalf every day. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

The Power Of I Am