How To Heal The Sick



DAILY VITAMIN
- How To Heal The Sick
"And their prayer, if offered in faith, will heal him, for the Lord will make him well; and if his sickness was caused by some sin, the Lord will forgive him." (James 5:15).
     A lot of believers pray for people to recover from their illnesses but record little or no result most times, even though the scripture is full of references of how our Lord Jesus and the early Christians healed many. A friend of mine once went to his village, and found a dead baby with people crying as they prepared to bury it. The baby had been sick for days, and on that morning he passed away. On getting there, he went in, asked for time to pray, but nothing happened. This kept him worried until he finally returned home.
     When he told me about it, I told him that I had studied the life of Christ, and I know every time He healed a man, it was to glorify God and not to get hailed as a great man of God. And so I asked what his state of mind was at that point - to glorify God, or get glory amongst men? And that's what many believers are looking for- attention and human gratification as someone great. And remember God tries the heart of men and gives its befitting rewards.
    Then he tried defending what had happened by saying that maybe it wasn't God's will to heal child back to life, and then I asked him if God had laid it in his heart to pray for its healing. He said yes! And then I told him as long as God laid it in your heart to pray for its healing, it is His will. But that the reason he didn't get the expected result was still because he wasn't moved by that Spirit-given compassion, but by the need for vain glory. This might have seemed harsh, but it was right. Notice that every time Jesus healed someone, it was out of compassion as guided by the Spirit - including during the resurrections of Lazarus and the lad from Nain. Check it out for yourself.
     And so if you've been in this same situation, I'll tell you exactly what I told him to end the discourse. There's only one way to heal the sick or raise the dead by the standard of God's Word: by faith in the Name of Jesus, with a sincere heart to see all the glory ascribed to God (Acts 3:12-16). As long as it is from a heart filled with compassion as laid by the Spirit of God, healing power will flow. He said "they shall pray for the sick and they shall recover" (Mark 16:18). You have to believe that. Blessed be God!

Confession:
I am a carrier and courier of God's power. I'm a representative of Christ on the earth; and so I can do as He did, and even greater. By the Spirit of the Word in me, I can heal the sick and liberate the oppressed. And this is because through the Name of Jesus, I can exercise all authority over sin, infirmity, demons and death to the glory of God. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest