Life



DAILY VITAMIN
- Life
"I am giving you the choice between life and death....Choose life." (Deuteronomy 30:19 GNB)
     Life is simply a series of events looped together in time. But by our choices we can either keep them stitched together in the making of the materiality of the purpose we were born with, or we can tear them apart. We can go further to call it a passage of realities presented in time as dictated by choice.
    Someone once said that no one can make it out of this world alive; but we can choose to make maximum use of the time we have to do something worthwhile now that we are alive.
    Death is not a choice; life is. How we choose to die doesn't really add much to who we are or aren't; but how we do choose to live does. Death isn't a topic you should concern yourself with, because it's a constant: an inevitable eventuality; a path every man passes; the terminal end of a life stream; and a prelude to eternity. But life; that's a choice- a consistent decision only you can make. That you died or didn't isn't what really matters to the Heavenly Witness, but that you lived; because that is something He will hold you accountable for forever.
    Most times, when God says that He doesn't enjoy seeing people die, He isn't just speaking about physical death; because it would be weird if He were since all flesh is prone to death. So instead I believe He is speaking about the loss of life's true essence. And what's this true essence? Every man was born to live in the fullness of life that reflects the God-image within him; and if he isn't doing that, then in God's point of view he is also just as good as dead. Thus, the meaning of Jesus' very popular remark "Let the dead bury their dead!" Breathing, yet not living. Existing, yet not participating.
     Life is bigger than just opening our eyes each morning and shutting them each evening for a continuous measure of time until eternity is drawn out of us. That's not how God measures life. Life, to God, is every time those eyes see and help others see. Life is measured by impact, not years. Time isn't what creates value in life, deeds are. In other words, there is no one who truly lived long in the sight of God without having first truly lived well.
    There's so much to be done. There's still so much I have to do in line with God's eternal design. And life to me is doing them while I still have the time. I don't think of dying yet, and I hope you feel the same way too. I really do hope you do. We have life, and we also have all the time in the world at this moment; but my question to you my friend is, what are you doing with yours?
    I only hope you answer that question with something more than words. I hope you can answer it with worthy series of  impacts that reveal God and relieve men. That's why the entire world celebrate every man who truly lived a life worth the time- both towards God and humanity; because they truly defined -and teach us- what life is all about, and we can learn from them. So, now that you have life, here's my admonition to you: Live it, and live it well!

Prayer:
Dear God, I want to live. I desire life. I don't just want to exist, I want to participate with long-lasting impacts coming from my end. I want to be profitable for the Kingdom and to the world; and I know it is excessively possible by the power of the Holy Spirit resident in me. So help me God, in Jesus Name. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest