Stand On Your Past Testimonies



DAILY VITAMIN
- Stand On Your Past Testimonies
"I have been young, now I am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread" (Psalm 37:25)
       In our theme verse, we can see that David was using his understanding of God's unfailing power as seen in the wonderful experiences he had prior to that moment as a medium of assurance that He can still do the same and more. An act which is completely different from what Elijah, as well as a lot of us, did when his moment of trial came. 1 Kings 19 tells us about how Elijah who had just performed a set of wonders that had never be seen in the whole of Israel before, thereby demystifying the deceits of Baal, ran away at the threat of the queen. But he didn't just run, he also requested to die. This was a man who destroyed 950 men in one night, but now he was fretting because of a single woman.
      Does this remind you of yourself? A lot of us act like that every day. We shake when troubles come even though the records we hold show that God had delivered us from something similar to such many times before. God saved you from a malignant tumor, but now that the doctor told you that you've got a virus you are internally and externally disturbed as though the world is coming to an end. David said that when he remembers all God had done, he gains the strength to keep pushing on. That's what the 27th Psalm says. "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." (v.13).
     The things God did for you in the past are proofs of what He can and will do for you today, tomorrow, and forever. But like Elijah if you expect God to come like a fire every time, you might be misled. Sometimes, all you need is the still small voice of the Spirit assuring you that everything will be alright to maintain your sense of balance as it regards your faith. Don't give up on yourself or on God because that can hinder you from the many blessings He had prepared for you. Instead, keep the faith.
     That was what Habakkuk did, and said "Even though the fig trees are all destroyed...yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my Strength, and he will give me the speed of a deer and bring me safely over the mountains." (Habakkuk 3:17-19 TLB). You have to keep your testimonies at the center of your heart, because they're all the proof you will ever get and need that He will do it and more. Jesus told His disciples "O men of little faith! Why are you so worried about having no food? Won't you ever understand? Don't you remember at all the five thousand I fed with five loaves, and the basketfuls left over?..." (see Matthew 16:8-11 TLB). That was the proof that He would always feed them. Hence, in the same way, when trials arise, think of the good things God did for you in time past, stand on them, and keep believing Him for the same and more, because that alone is enough assurance that He can and will do more.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I thank you because your antecedence shows you will never disappoint me. I thank you because they're all the proof I need that you will always take care of me. And as you have done before in my favour, so also will you do more, in Jesus Name. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

The Power Of I Am