Counting On Christ Alone



DAILY VITAMIN
- Counting On Christ Alone
"And become one with him, no longer counting on being saved by being good enough or by obeying God's laws, but by trusting Christ to save me; for God's way of making us right with Himself depends on faith - counting by Christ alone" (Phil 3:9 TLB).
     It is absurd to think that we can be saved by anything we do without what Christ has done. He is the reason why we even have a life that can experience the very nature of God (John 1:3-4). Let me also say this; we aren't saved because we obey God, we obey God because we are saved. And we are saved because of Christ. Before Him, we couldn't have dreamed of any of this. He made it possible - He identified with us to redeem us completely, and facilitates our identification in Him so that we can claim His victory.
     Yes, my friend, this is where our victory truly begins- in trusting Him for our salvation. "But all these things that I once thought very worthwhile - now I've thrown them all away so that I can put my trust and hope in Christ alone" (Phil 3:7 TLB). Nothing else matters without Christ in it. And here's the great part: You have Christ in you; and it is the receipt for your glory (Col 1:27). You are expecting to be saved anymore as some Jews and the rest of the world still do, you already are in Him. He has given you the victory over all circumstances of life (Romans 8:37). Nothing you are passing through can subtract for it, nothing you can do can add to it, you simply experience it by faith through trust in Him (Romans 1:17).
     And this victory is not just here alone. Note this, "When he comes back, he will take these dying bodies of ours and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same mighty power that he will use to all else everywhere" (Phil 3:21 (TLB). In Christ, you are glorified both on earth and in heaven; both now and forever. Just put all of your trust in Him, and keep doing all He expects of you. Because in Christ alone is the victory you seek. Glory to God!

Confession:
In Christ alone is the assurance of my victory. In Him, I can and will never be disappointed. In Him, I don't trust in vain; I trust unto victory and ceaseless dominion. In Him, no societal impediment nor spiritual adversary can have the upper hand against me, because in Him, I stand in victor forever. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest