God Will Remember You



DAILY VITAMIN
- God Will Remember You
"For if my father and mother should abandon me, you would welcome and comfort me" (Psalm 27:10 TLB)
    God never forgets His own- not even for a bit. It might seem slow, but God always remembers and rewards our works and labours of love. The scripture gives us a wonderful example in Mephiboseth to support these claims.
     We are already well acquainted with how he found favour with David, thereby leading him from Lodebar to the palace; from a burden to a prince; but there's a greater episode of God's grace upon his life we don't talk about often.
      After Absalom usurped the throne, and David escaped with his entire household to ensure their safety, Mephiboseth was abandoned by his own manager Ziba. First of all, Ziba had left him in Jerusalem even though he knew his heart was with David, seeing he was unable to walk; possibly hoping Absalom would slay him. Second, the same Ziba went ahead to find David in order to slander Mephiboseth, and as a result received temporarily all that belonged to his master.
      Meanwhile, only God knew how Mephiboseth fared in the palace. For if a father could flee from his own son, then how much fear do you think Mephiboseth would have been tormented with each passing day? Anyway, when the Kingdom was restored to David, the scripture says that Mephiboseth had stayed unkempt all the while because his heart was out to David (2 Samuel 19:24-25). And even though the accusations against him by Ziba were brilliantly crafted to ruin him, David returned to him what was his, and retained him as a prince before his table.
       In other words, even when Mephiboseth had no one to defend him, God did. God remembered him and blessed him. I don't know who has ganged up against you to ruin you, but remember Haman and Mordecai, because that is exactly how God will vindicate you. When you think you have no one, God will be enough for you. It doesn't matter how tight the circumstances are, He will help you. I believe He will do so for me; you best believe He will do it for you too.
"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord." (Psalm 27:14 AMP)

Confession:
I'm constantly under the radar of God's love. He cares about me and will never forsake me. Because of this truth, I know He will help me. I know He will cause my light to shine again. He will make lines to fall for me in pleasant places. And all things will work in my favour. This I believe in Jesus' Name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Generously

See It God's Way

Desist From Rash Decisions

Love Is Where Life Begins

Actions Speak Loudest